Hotels come to the minds of many holidaymakers when thinking of the best accommodation during a vacation. However, resorts have become very popular because they offer a whole lot more in terms of recreation and relaxation during the holiday. The resorts differ from hotels because they try to cater to every need of the guests within the single premises. It means that from a resort you get much more than accommodation; you get entertainment, food, sports and shopping complexes.
There are different kinds of resorts and your holiday destination can determine what types of resort you will find. The basic types include beach resorts, islands, golf, mountains, skis, spa, all inclusive and luxury resorts. The many types make it possible for you to select a resort that matches settings that appeal to you most and the activities you wish to enjoy during the holidays. But why are resorts better holiday options than hotels?
1. Resorts offer fun adventures making your holiday experience unique and rewarding. You can choose one with fun features you are sure will make your stay everything you have ever dreamed of. Some are great for winter vacations and others for summer because of the activities they have to offer.
2. They are money saving. This is in the sense that when you choose an all-inclusive resort you get discounted rates on holiday packages that have everything from entertainment, food and even gratuities. Considering that you pay up front you do not have to worry about carrying cash and getting things organized when you get there.
3. You get a wide range of guest activities to choose from. Resorts offer biking, hiking, water sports, snow activities, golf and skiing. Some even offer yoga classes and language classes. You simply need to select the activities that you want during your stay.
4. They offer comprehensive services as part of the holiday package. Depending on the resort you choose, you can enjoy spa services, physical fitness, nutritional education and many other services you need for your holiday convenience.
5. Resorts have everything you might need on site. When you choose a good resort, you might not need to leave the facility for anything. They have everything well catered for including shopping malls for your convenience. They therefore make amazing holiday facilities for short holidays that do not give you time luxury for moving around.
6. You can have excursion packages put together for you so you can enjoy day trips that are hassle free. Resorts near tourist attractions make this possible and offer itinerary, bus, meals and even a tour guide for your day trips.
7. You get fully entertained when you choose a good holiday resort. Most offer fun, interactive sessions such as karaoke, musical entertainment, BBQs on the beach and luau among others.
8. Considering that most resorts are child friendly, they also come with childcare facilities and services. You can enjoy babysitting services or get your kids on fun day camps specially designed for them.